Friday, October 24, 2008

A note from Luke: Blog #3 "Wookiee Urine"

I woke up at 6AM this morning. We had a show at 11AM in Atlanta on the campus of GA Tech for one of their homecoming events. Load in was at 9AM which meant we had to leave my house by 7AM. Entirely too early for a rock show… but we're troopers like that.

I finally forced myself out of bed after slapping the alarm clock a few times and let my dog outside. His name's Chewbacca. But we call him Chewy. He's a Lhasa Apsa which means he closely resembles an Ewok. He's kind of a furball. So I guess I really should have named him Wicket.

Unfortunately, Chewy only has one eye. My other dog, Puddin, attacked him a few years ago when Chewy was trying to pleasure my cat Conor haha. Obviously Puddin wasn't cool with that. And yes I know Puddin is a ridiculous dog name. So Chewy has a hard time judging distances. He'll jump too early and hit his little face on the couch haha Occasionally he runs into the wall. And for some reason he likes to go to the bathroom really close to the house.

Anyway, I had my hands full while Zach and I were loading the merch and I accidentally dropped the merchbook on the ground. Keep in mind its still dark outside at this hour. So I was like "hey dude, can you grab the merchbook? I just dropped it" and he says "aww man, I think that's where Chewy just peed."

Sure enough, he was right. So we started off the day with a urine soaked merchbook… Chewy urine nonetheless.

It was freezing today too! And extremely windy. Not exactly favorable conditions for an outdoor show. But we arrived at Tech pretty much on time despite our usual late departure. The show was killer. Everyone struggled through the cold and wind with us and watched the whole show. So thank you to all the students that were at Tech this morning, we love you all.

I dunno why I'm still up. It's 2AM, and considering how early I woke up, I should have been in dream land hours ago. Oh well, I guess I'll have to pass out soon. We've got another local show tomorrow at CCC in Lawrenceville, GA with Ocean is Theory, Love Like This (Formerly Kenotia), and Dear Future. We're all really excited about that because we haven't played any local shows in a long time. We'll probably get some Van-Cam footage from that show so watch out for a new webisode soon!

Til next time...
Luke

No comments: